Unconventional Multistage Completion Expert
Throughout my career in oil and gas I have been focused on unconventional formations that require multistage hydraulic fracturing. My primary expertise is the multistage completion tools and techniques, but my unique experience has also given me a solid understanding of reservoir properties, directional drilling, and stimulation design.
During my tenure I have trained thousands of people, installed multistage completions in approximately 50 wells in 10 unconventional formations, traveled to 19 different countries to support and develop emerging markets, managed billion dollar product portfolios, and developed business and marketing plans and strategies. For more on my career, see below.
Click here to visit my company website
Career at a Glance
- BS in Mechanical Engineering from Mississippi State University
- Over 13 years experience in unconventional resources that require multistage hydraulic fracturing
- Expertise and several years of hands-on field experience with multistage completion tools and techniques
- Solid understanding of reservoir properties, horizontal drilling, and hydraulic fracturing/stimulation design
- Installed hundreds of stages in approximately 50 multistage completion systems in 10 formations, including the Bakken, Three Forks, Marcellus, Lower Huron, and other US plays
- Installed the first two Baker Hughes' FracPoint, ball-activated completion systems in China. To my knowledge, these were the first hydraulically fractured multistage completions in shale-type low-permeability formations outside North America
- Traveled to 19 countries and 6 continents participating in activities to understand the needs of the emerging markets
- Authored and coauthored three Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) papers
- Authored chapter 16 of Unconventional Oil and Gas Resources: Exploitation and Development textbook (this book won the 2016 PROSE Award for Engineering and Technology)
- Teach multiple Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) continuing education courses
- Participate in many roles in industry events including discussion leader, presenter, and panelist.
- Operations Roles: Field Engineer, Region Engineer, Operations Coordinator, and Application Engineer
- Marketing Roles: Completion Manager for the Unconventional Resource Team, Product Line Manager for Unconventional Multistage Completions